29 August 2015

AUGUST | ONCE IN A FULL MOON


August has been a bit crazy as it's the summer holidays so here's a small run down...




RHIANNON
Beauty / During the holidays, I tend to travel a bit to visit family and maybe even go abroad. Bringing along a MAC duo palette is perfect for a simple but pretty eye look without having to bring a massive selection of eyeshadows with you. The shades I have in mine are Nylon and Woodwinked which look really lovely together. When England actually gets sun, it makes my face look even more shiny and oily than it already does and my make-up can sometimes slip all over the place. To keep my eyeshadow in tact and avoid getting lines in the crease, I've been religiously using the Benefit Stay Don't Stray eye primer too (in the shade Light/Medium).
Music / Festivals are a great way to not only enjoy your favourite music live but to also discover new music. Having been to two festivals this summer, I found some new bands that I'd never heard of before. The first one is Cash+David - they've only been going for about a year but the lead singer Liz Lawrence is also the singer for Bombay Bicycle Club at the moment - the song Bones is my favourite. Tora are a group from Australia signed to Communion Records, along with Amber Run who I absolutely love (listen to their album 5AM)!
Film / As Begin Again is one of my all time favourite movies, we spent the evening of my birthday watching it. The concept is really good as Greta played by Keira Knightly records an album outside in various locations in New York.  The soundtrack is brilliant and it's such a feel good film - the casting is very well done too and you've got to love James Corden! The only downside is that it takes a while to get going so you might find the start slightly dull.
Life / I turned 17 this month so I'm now officially allowed on the road! Esme and I went to Salisbury for nearly a week to celebrate with my family and took a day trip to Bournemouth while we were there. We wandered round the shops (spent a while in Space NK...), went to Wagamama's, had ice-cream and attempted to skim stones by the beach. We also loved browsing round Fisherton Mill which is located near the main shopping area of Salisbury. It sells lots of art work while having the studios upstairs so you can see the artists creating their products - there's also a café at the side of the shop.

ESME
Beauty / I have been loving my Bourjois Happy Light Foundation - which is more of a tinted moisturiser in my opinion! Following my week away in gorgeous Mykonos, I managed to get a bit of a tan and the sun cleared up my skin so I haven't been reaching for a heavy coverage base but rather for something that lets my skin show whilst still just evening everything out. This foundation is perfect for when you have a bit of a glow and it works beautifully in the summer as it has a radiant finish. Although, with it being slightly warmer and having an oily skin type I have been using a bit of powder so I don't look so shiny!
Music / Mumford & Sons have been a favourite of mine for so long and I finally got to see them perform live yesterday at Reading. They were absolutely amazing and the crowd was incredible as well. They announced that they are going on tour in December which is so exciting, hopefully I'll manage to get tickets.
Film / Whilst on holiday I read the book Paper Towns, I'm not a big reader but I finished the entire book in 2 days. Last week I went to see the film and although it was fairly different to the plot of the book, I still enjoyed it! Nat Wolff and Cara Delevingne played the two main roles and worked perfectly together. I would definitely recommend going to see it if you can - there are moments where the whole cinema was laughing!
Life / As Rhiannon said, we went to Bournemouth for the day during this month and it was so lovely to be by the seaside. Despite living in England my whole life, I haven't really been to the seaside and I had never seen beach huts before. Also, we both went to Reading Festival on August 28th, it was such a fun day and the weather was perfect. It was so good to see so many of our favourite bands in one day and the atmosphere of the festival makes everything so much better. My two favourites were Mumford & Sons - who headlined - and Bear's Den!


Read last months Once In A Full Moon post here and follow us on Spotify (esmerhiannon) to listen to our playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment